Tuesday, January 20, 2009

John spent his first night in Niagara Falls. He ended up rooming with another man who is 34 and will be in his Reserve Unit when he returns. The man goes to Browncroft Church and they both shared how God had lead them to this decision. John felt there was a connection and was encouraged. The other man will be going to basic later this month.

I have spoken with John several times today as he progressed through processing and then waited to be transported. He flew from Buffalo to Chicago and arrived in St. Louis around 5:00 PM central time. (one hour behind us) He was waiting in the USO while the military transport arrived to pick him up to take him to Fort Leonard Wood. He arrived 4 hours ahead of schedule because of being able to make flight changes and since processing went so smoothly. He will be able to get to base early which will help him to be ready and rested for tomorrow, wake up is 4:00 AM.

He was in great spirits and more confident than every that God had lead him to be in the military. He said "I am excited to see what Gods plan is for me." Pray that he will remain strong and be able to be a leader in all he does. He and I are thankful for all of the support and encouragement our families and friends have been.


Trusting In Our God
Sue Romansky

2 comments:

  1. Hi John and Sue,

    Mike Dipaolo and I have e-mailed a couple times. I will look forward to talking to him when he gets back to work instead of just "hi". I told Mike to ask John about MNF.

    Thanks John for your service.

    Stay encouraged and rely on HIM,
    Jim W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John:

    Glad to hear your doing all right Hope to talk to you soon

    ReplyDelete